The Snapdragon-powered Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge has a locked bootloader. So at the current moment, it is very difficult to root the phone. However, if you are using a Exynos-backed S7/S7 Edge, you can easily root your phone with the help of the CF-Auto-Root utility released by Chainfire, also containing the support for these smartphone models. Samsung Galaxy S7 was expected a iPhone 7 competitor but at the end Galaxy note 7 is going to fight with iPhone 7.
Steps to follow before rooting your Samsung S7/S7 Edge
- Make sure you are on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update.
- Down all the USB drivers for your smartphone and install it onto your PC.
- Backup all your important files from the phone to your PC.
- To Enable developer options, go to Settings and tap the space five times.
- Next up, Enable the USB Debugging options for your device by tapping on the Developer Options in the Menu -> Settings -> Application tab.
- Make sure your device is fully charged before proceeding.
- Keep a note of the Smartphone’s Model Number.
Looking to Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and worry about getting cases click here and get Galaxy Note 7 cases.
Required Files to Root S7/S7 Edge
- You can download Odin from http://odindownload.com/
- Download the Chainfire CF-Auto-Root utility from https://download.chainfire.eu/930/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-hero2lte-hero2ltexx-smg935f.zip
Steps to Root your S7/S7 Edge
- Unzip the Odin folder onto your PC. Install the unzipped software on your PC.
- Also, Unzip the Chainfire zip file till you get the .tar.md5 file on your PC.
- Enter the download mode of your device by switching it off. You can do it by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN + HOME button simultaneously. Press the POWER button when you see the Android Sign and again press POWER button to confirm your choice.
- Connect your device to your PC through USB cable after opening the ODIN software. If don’t correctly, you will get a message ‘Added’ on your screen.
- Click on AP/PDA option on ODIN and now, select the CF-Auto-Root extracted file.
- Ensure that you have selected the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time, click on Start to start the process of rooting your device.
- You will get a PASS message on your screen if the root process is successfully completed.
- The device will then automatically reboot into the Recovery mode of the phone. Next up, you will be able to see your home screen. Now it is safe to disconnect your device from the PC.